The first World Nutella® Day was established by the American blogger Sara Rosso on February 5th, 2007.She loved Nutella so much that thought it deserved a holiday… And Nutella® fans loved it! They came together from all over the world to celebrate their passion for Nutella® on social media through photos, recipes and messages. World Nutella® Day has become a global phenomenon with people sharing and spreading the wonder of Nutella® at home, work, and school; in their off- and on-line communities, with family, friends and fellow fans everywhere!
Check out this amazing Nutella stuffed Churro Recipe below!
Nutella Churro Donut Holes
Churro Donut holes...oven baked not fried...filled with Nutella and coated in Buttery Cinnamon Sugar, gives you the Churro fix without needing to go anywhere.
Weight Watchers: 2pp for one donut hole -- or 3pp for TWO donut holes!
Servings: 24 donut holes
- 1 cup self raising flour (or plain/all-purpose flour/s)
- 1 tablespoon sugar of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- (1/2 teaspoon baking soda if using plain or all purpose flour/s)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or melted coconut oil) OR light butter/spread of choice, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low fat milk (or almond milk)
- 1/3 cup Nutella , melted (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread)
- 1 tablespoon light butter/spread of choice , melted
- 1/3 cup sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin tray with cooking oil spray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
- Spoon the batter (about 2 teaspoons) into each muffin hole, filling to to 3/4 full. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden in colour and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a donut comes out clean. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and transfer them onto a cooling rack.
- Brush each donut over with a lightcoating of melted butter; combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; toss each donut hole into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated.
- Fill a piping bag with the Nutella. Using a a narrow nozzle, fill each donut with the Nutella until they puff up and expand (not too much or the donuts will overflow).
Nutella Churro Donut Holes
Amount Per Serving (0 g)
Calories 64.7Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g4%
Total Carbohydrates 9g3%
GET INTO THE SPIRIT OF GIVING!
CT Toy Drives in December
10am - 4pm, Raymour & Flanigan parking lot, 14 Candlewood Lake Road, Brookfield
Toys R Us, Danbury
The toys being collected for Family & Children's Aid are for children ages 0 to 18 years old.
Drop-off locations: Police Department, HobbyTown, Fairfield Parks & Recreation, Fairfield Town Clerk’s office and Cambridge Health & Rehabilitation Center.
Station 1- 90 New Canaan Ave.; Station 2/ Fire Headquarters- 121 Connecticut Ave; Station 3- 56 Van Zant St; Station 4- 180 Westport Ave.; Station 5: 23 Meadow St.
Where: Parking lot of ASF Sports & Outdoors, located at 1560 Post Road East, Westport
Newington – 3491 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT
Friday, December 15, 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Saturday, December 16, 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Sunday, December 17, 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
If you've got some skills with Halloween makeup or know a talented makeup artist, make sure you check out this contest! There's $400 worth of makeup, beauty products, and spa services being awarded to the winner!
$100 Gift Card to Ulta Beauty
$100 Gift Card to Roots Hair Studio
$100 Swag Box from Let's Tacobout Carbs
$25 Gift Card, Lotion, & Surprise Gift from California Dreamin' Tanning Salon,
$25 Gift Card to Nora Cupcakes
Monday, October 23rd
CHECK OUT SOME OF THE AMAZING LOOKS WE'VE SEEN SO FAR! AMAZING JOB LADIES!
We love our Tacos..On National Taco Day, Taco Tuesdays & Everyday!
It's no surprise that least year Americans ate over 4.5 billion tacos! That’s 490,000 miles of tacos, which could take you to the moon and back!
Ways to Celebrate National Taco Day
Bartaco: You can celebrate National taco day with at Bartaco with tacos, fresh-squeezed cocktails, an exclusive Snapchat filter, and a #bartacosecret reveal. You can visit them in West Hartford, New Haven, and even Boston!
Margaritas Mexican Restaurant: Order the two pound, 12-inch Taco Gigante for $12.99 Wednesday and receive a voucher for a free Taco Gigante to use on your next visit. In October, the chain with locations in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey and Pennsylvania has a Taco Gigante Challenge and if you finish the entire taco you get a place on Margaritas Wall of Fame and bragging rights. Learn more here.
On the Border: Get 50-cent mini tacos all day long. If you prefer to order online, use the code Taco17 to get 20% off Taco Catering Items from October 2 through 8.
Taco Bell: Only available October 4th, The true purpose of National Taco Day is to eat tacos. So what better, more thoughtful gift is there for that taco-lover in your life than our National Taco Day Gift Set? It includes four classic Taco Bell tacos, including a Crunchy Taco, Nacho Cheese Doritos® Locos Tacos, Cool Ranch® Doritos® Locos Tacos and a Fiery Doritos® Locos Tacos for $5. You can even send a #tacogram to your loved ones.
Hunt down a Taco Truck.
Don't know where to start? Try Long Wharf Drive in New Haven.
They have at least 8 taco trucks lined up every night. If you've never had street tacos this is an amazing place to start. My personal favorites are Ixtapa and Mexcali but you can make a stop at each truck and see the array of taco choices for yourself. Different items from different trucks
Turns out one of the first taco trucks is thought to have started in New York in 1966, when two New York housewives operated an early version of the taco truck. Although the truck did not have a full kitchen, it was available for catering.
Can't get to any of these places?
All good, you can put your chef hat on make yourself a breakfast taco, have tacos for lunch AND Dinner. Click here for some of the best taco recipes on the planet.
Make up artists get your brushes ready!
1. Post your best Halloween Make-up on IG
2. Tag @LETSTACOBOUTCARBS
3. Use the hashtag #DEATHBYDONUTS